Thanks for sharing all your great feedback with us after our Community Update last week. We appreciate your patience with us. We’re so excited to release our major Annihilation Update today. Get ready to wipe the floor with your foes in our new multiplayer mode!!
Headlining this update are two new Annihilation modes, which work in Custom matches on all existing maps including our new release, Mortis Vale. This new battlefield is available for 2v2 and 3v3 across all multiplayer modes, boasting an open feel with lots of flanking opportunities.
We’re also introducing three new doctrines (one per faction) that allow the construction of turrets. These doctrines will be automatically unlocked for all players and can be used in Power Core mode or in the new Annihilation modes.
As a final token of our appreciation, we’re adding three Elite skins to your inventories - House Raven Imperial Knight Paladin, Exalted Wraithknight, and the Deathskulls Gorkanaut. We call them our Engines of Annihilation. Just log in, equip them, and bring the pain!
There’s plenty more to dig into below. Take a look and hit up the forums if you have any questions. We’ll be at the ready.
Thanks again, and enjoy!
- New Custom game modes: Annihilation Classic and Annihilation with Defenses
- New doctrines: Tarantula Turret, Big Shoota Turret, and Shuriken Grav Platform
- New map: Mortis Vale (3v3) and (2v2)
- Free skins: House Raven Imperial Knight Paladin, Exalted Wraithknight, and Deathskulls Gorkanaut
- Fixed an issue that made Elite healing around a player's HQ and production structures inconsistent
- Mortis Vale (2v2) has been added into the Custom match and Quick-Match map lists
- Mortis Vale (3v3) has been added into the Custom match and Quick-Match map lists
Tireless speed bonus decreased and no longer starts off cooldown
We did buff the damage on Tactical Marines significantly, which we do feel was warranted. However, the Tireless doctrine acted as a multiplier. It allowed them to cover too much of the map and gave too big of an advantage in early skirmishes. We will continue to monitor this doctrine's usage rate and cross-reference its impact on games.
- Tireless: Speed bonus decreased from 3 to 1.5
- Tireless: Speed bonus will kick in 15 seconds after being out of combat, up from 11 seconds
- Tireless: Speed bonus now begins 15 seconds after spawning a squad of Tactical Marines, instead of instantly
- Tireless: A decorator icon now displays your progress towards the speed bonus
- Focused Shot: Fixed an issue where slowed targets did not display the slow icon
Imperial Knight Paladin
- Fixed an issue where Ion Shield sometimes failed to block certain shots
Imperial Knight Solaria
- Fixed an issue where Solaria's weapons were not disabled during the wind down of Gatling Barrage
- Changed Sensor Beacon to be single-cast when a group is selected, meaning they won't all use their ability in the same spot when the order is given
- Fire Prisms no longer play their death animation when being levitated (but not killed) by Orbital Bombardment
- Fixed an issue where Windows taskbars set to the left or top of the screen would not be hidden
- Fixed an issue where skimmer units that were knocked back onto negative space were instantly killed
- Fixed an issue where WAAAGH Towers would sometimes stop producing scrap
- Difficulty tuning on several campaign missions (1, 11, 12, and 13), mostly on Normal difficulty
- Fixed an issue in Mission 2 where loading a saved game could stop Varlock Guard units from moving
- Fixed an issue in Mission 6 where the mission could stall if the enemy recaptured one of the two arrays from the player
- Fixed an issue in Mission 9 where loading a saved game could cause Deffkoptas to fail to enter combat, blocking mission progression
- Fixed an issue in Mission 13 where Elites sometimes wouldn't gain experience
- Fixed a terrain issue on Mission 17 which could cause an Elite to become stuck
- Fixed most common instances of an issue where spamming hotkeys allowed multiple resource add-ons to be constructed on a single resource point; additional instances of this bug are still being investigated
- Rotated some heavy cover on Stratum P2-8 near the middle of the map to allow for easier access
- Fixed a spot on Charon's Rest where an Elite could become trapped
- Added support for Exclusive Fullscreen and Windowed display options
- Changed the placement of several front end components to group player name, icon, and Skulls together
- Fixed an issue where quitting after a match loss would cause units to change colours
- Fixed disconnect behaviour while on the Elite Info screen
- Fixed an issue where the paint scheme list was cut off for players 3, 4, 5, and 6 in a 3v3 lobby
- Fixed a rare issue where Quick-Match players would become stuck in a black screen after the game countdown
- Fixed an issue where the Texture Detail option would not correctly save when applied
- Fixed an overlap issue on the Meganobz mastery skin